Retest not working

2 replies

JRod78

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #117898

Hello

I developed around 3000 strategies on 10 instances and saved them to a directory.  When I Load them into my main SQ to do my robustness testing, they do not show up with any results.  I load into retest and run on the same settings and it does not trigger any trades for any of the 3000 strategies.  When I try to retest on one of my instances, the results come through fine.

I can’t retest on my temporary instances as they do not have all of the Dukascopy tick data due to space constraints.  

I have already tried re-loading SQ and restarting my computer and it does not change anything. I have tried testing on 1 minute precision and fastest timeframe.  I have tried multiple instruments and none of them trigger any trades.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks

Jarrod

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #145141

Hello,

the same STR should trade the same way in all copies being run on your PC. There is no reason for that difference except different settings. Do you transfer the setting between SQ instances using “save settings” function? Have you checked the settings are correct so it won’t avoid trading?

Robbie

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #145145

Hello Jarrod,

These are the steps I follow…

1.  Click “Retest Strategies” to place SQ in retest mode

2.  Load strategies to be retested into the “Retest Strategies Databank”

3.  DoubleClick any one of the strategies in the databank so that it will immediately re-execute. SQ will use the parms of the “clicked strategy” and automatically switch modes to “Results”.  You should see the same results as you did when the strategy was initially created.  If you do not see the same results, then check the Data Manager to ensure the Instrument settings and input data stream for the Instrument is the same as the one used to initially create the strategy

4.  While in “Results” mode, click “Strategy Settings” to see the “Current Settings” for the strategy you just executed.

5.  Click “Apply Strategy Settings” with the “from/to task: Retest strategies”.  This will copy the parms of the “clicked strategy” into the “Settings” of “Retest” mode

6.  Click “Settings” at the top of the SQ Window to see the settings you just copied into “Retest” mode.  They should be the same as the “clicked strategy”

7.  Inspect “Data, Strategy Options, Money Management, Robustness Tests and Ranking Options”.  They will all now contain the exact same parms of the “clicked strategy”

8.  Click “Progress” at the top of the SQ Window

9.  Click “Start” to retest all strategies in the “Retest” databank

All the strategies you loaded into “Retest” databank will now all re-execute and you should see the same results as when they were first generated in “Build strategies” mode.

Cheers

Ray

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)