Filtering Robustness Tests

5 replies

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #117879

I’m working through filtering my strategies and am wondering if, during the retest with Robustness analysis enabled, is there a way to filter the result set based on the following:

Confidence level >=95%

Ret/DD >= 2.0

R Exp > 0

So far, from what I can tell, I have to go back through each strategy manually to look at the Robustness analysis to make those decisions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #145081

Edit your Database settings and check the RT filters that you can add to your database as the filter columns,

the Confidence level is by default 95% but if you change the default Confidence level to other % then the columns of RT will show you the calculated values of your selected Confidence level.

afhampton

Visit profile

6 years ago #145085

Thanks Karish. I am not sure I am understanding you correctly. I see that the RT filters can be set during the Build Strategies stage but I don’t see where they can be set during the Retest Strategies stage.

Are you saying that I should enable RT during the initial build of the strategies and filter them out as they are generated?

If that is the case, then will the filters I set for RT be applied against the values calculated at the 95% confidence threshold? For example, in the image below, I would like to filter out any strategies that are less than 2.0 Ret/DD at the 95% confidence level. I don’t care what the “Original” Ret/DD was.

https://gyazo.com/8e96ca81bdcb0dc8b2b755fd7760af68

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #145094

?….

just press the Manage view at the upper right side of the databank window area, you will get the idea on how to continue from there 

afhampton

Visit profile

6 years ago #145103

Just to follow up with you Karish … Manage View only allows the user to build new views and to add to/take away from the default.

I figured it out though. There isn’t a automatic way to have the retest dismiss strategies like there is on the Build Strategies.

So to work around this, the best option I found is to use add the desired RT metric as a column to a custom view (using Manage View as you mentioned), and once the strategies go through the retest, sort on each column individually and remove strategies manually one at a time. That’s the best I have found so far.

If anyone knows of another way, feel free to share it. 

Karish

Visit profile

6 years ago #145119

@afhampton +1,

My work flow is to add the RT columns and then just sort them by those columns for example RET/DD,

then just delete all which fail to pass my desired criteria,

lets say select all which below RET/DD 2.0 and hit delete,

this will delete all the strategies which failed to pass RET/DD below 2.0 via 95% confidence level.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)