Bug: Lowest & Highest Indicator functions don’t work

3 replies

jastejp

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #117794

Hi,

There is a bug with the Lowest & Highest Indicator functions in EA Wizard. The call for functions sqGetLowest &  sqGetHighest do not exist lower down in the code and the code doesn’t compile. I get this error below:

‘sqGetHighest’ – function not defined #RSI_Diverg_LE_v1.mq4

I found the functions sqLowest & sqHighest lower down in the code and when I edit the code with these functions it compiles.

This the example Bearish divergence Pseudo Source Code from in the Home section of EA Wizard:

IF (((MACD_Main( 12 , 26 , 20 , Close )[1] > IndicatorHighest( DivergencePeriod , 0 )(MACD_Main( 12 , 26 , 20 , Close )[2])) 

And (Low[1] < IndicatorLowest( DivergencePeriod , 0 )(Lowest( 1 )[2]))))

In MT4 source code format
   if (((iMACD(NULL, 0 , 12 , 26 , 20 , 0 , 0 , 1) > sqGetHighest( 108805253 , DivergencePeriod, 0, signalShift)) 
      && (Low[1] < sqGetLowest( 965433115 , DivergencePeriod, 0, signalShift))))

My Pseudo Source Code format (relevant section copied from my EA code for Bullish divergence)

And ((RSI( PERIOD_H1 , RSI_period , Close )[1] < IndicatorLowest( Diverg_period , 0 )(RSI( PERIOD_H1 , RSI_period , Close )[2])) 

And ((High( PERIOD_H1 )[1] > IndicatorHighest( 2 , 0 )(Highest( PERIOD_H1 , 1 )[2]))

In MT4 source code format created from SQ Wizard

&& ((iRSI(NULL, 60 , RSI_period , 0 , 1) < sqGetLowest( 2010697299 , Diverg_period, 0, signalShift)) 

&& ((iHigh(NULL, 60 , 1) > sqGetHighest( -311479395 , Diverg_period, 0, signalShift)) 

Edited MT4 source code format which works

&& ((iRSI(NULL, 60 , RSI_period , 0 , 1) < sqLowest( 2010697299 , Diverg_period, 0, signalShift)) 

&& ((iHigh(NULL, 60 , 1) > sqHighest( -311479395 , Diverg_period, 0, signalShift)) 

Will you fix this bug as soon as possible as it is a significant one and prevents anyone setting up useful divergence signals.

Also, will you be offering an EA Wizard for MT5 soon? If so, will you offer a small fee for existing owners of EA Wizard to get the MT5 version? This would be a WIN-WIN for everyone.

Many brokers are offering MT5 which has many better features such as better use of the processors to do back testing and offers the ability to harness the power of cloud processing to make it even faster. With MT4 the back testing in tick mode is a waste of time unless you can wait a month to run 3 month’s of tick data. Also, multiple timeframes are available in MT5. I know you can’t hedge in MT5 so easily, but just open another account with the same broker and hedging problem solved.

Thank you.
Jamie

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #144835

Hello,

I will check those functions for possible fix

Once we release StrategyQuant 4 we will be also able to release new EA Wizard. We plan MT5 support for these products

Steve Green

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 47 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197609

Will we be automatically upgraded?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197646

Hello,
the sample divergence strategy compiles without errors and function are present. You might need to re-apply patch attached. Hope that helps

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)