Buy stop at ATR Value, possible ?

5 replies

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #117582

hello , im confused about how to put pending orders at x Pips away from the current price according to the ATR

let’s say the atr(14*3) value in pips is 50 pips, i want to put pending order 50 pips away from the current price up and down

any ideas ?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #144356

Hello,

you can use the Addition function like STOP_PRICE = Close[1] + ATR (14)[1]. You can just add ATR value to current closing price to create the order price. Let me know if any questions

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #144363

Hello,

you can use the Addition function like STOP_PRICE = Close[1] + ATR (14)[1]. You can just add ATR value to current closing price to create the order price. Let me know if any questions

sorry i don’t get it , can you create one for me 🙁

Tarwada

Visit profile

6 years ago #144365

ok wait, i did it to be above the current price according to the atr. but im confused how to do it below the current price according to the atr

Q0yJcEL.png

how can i make it minus instead of plus

i did this and i got (invalid stops) error on mt4

4GpqFN9.png

Tarwada

Visit profile

6 years ago #144373

all done, thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #144402

Ok, let me know if help is needed

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)