‘Market Position is Flat’ Doubt

3 replies

IvanD1983

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 46 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #117262

Hi Tomas,

I have put to the test a newly developed EA into a Demo Account. I have a question though.

My account will trade 4 charts in the 4m (only EU, GU, UJ, AU). My EA has therefore been added to 4 different charts. One of the conditions is that ‘Market Position is Flat’ to enter long or short. My doubt is, if I am in a long position EU, does that mean that since GU has also the ‘Market Position is Flat’ condition, will not open trades until I am without positions in the market? My intention is that only 1 trade can be taken at a time per pair, but these 4 pairs can take trades. So in other words, i can have up to 4 positions open, but never on the same pair. Shall I change my ‘Market Position Flat’ condition?

Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #143814

Hello,

the EA Wizard function for market position checks the status for selected pair only (for example EURUSD). If you have an open position in another market (USDCHF for example) it is not considered.

Steve Green

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 47 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202979

Hi Tomas,

If you were to scan over all pairs would you just create a custome function and take out the highlighted symbol code (in the previous posts attached picture)?

My actually question is, is this the most efficient way?

Kind Regards

Steve

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #203037

Hello,

yes, you can create the same function (use a different name) without OrderSymbol() == Symbol() to scan across all markets

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)