Can’t import custom indicator

14 replies

kom75

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 32 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #116778

Hello,

I have indicator which works in mt4 but trying to import it to EA Wizard I get message: “indicator doesn’t contain any output data, it cannot be used as EA”.

How can I solve it?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #142908

Hello,

this indicator is not suitable for using with EA Wizard. You can also calculate standard deviation using built-in Wizard or MQL4 function without need of a custom indicator. I can make an example for this. See screenshot also

File: SD.jpgSD.jpg

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #142911

Hello Tomas,

Thanks for example, but how to set StdDev on specific time which is valid couple of hours? Let say set Std Dev at 16:00 and reset it after 24 hrs?

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #142919

One more question, we have StdDev belowe and above ref price, how to set them? If 1st StdDev above ref price is let say 0.1, 1st StdDev below price should be -0.1?

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #142965

Ok, I will post an example for this and how to calculate standard dev in Wizard

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #143155

Hello,

see the example attached. It calculates upper standard deviation level at 16 o’clock using close price + standard deviation calculated. Then it trades of this level.

If you want to calculate the level below you simply subtract the deviation value

Let me know if any questions

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #143282

Thanks a lot

For some reason I can’t put double numeric value of StdDev, only integer works. How can I change it?

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #143309

Do you mean the SD Shift parameter?

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #143313

yes

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #143348

Hello,

SD shift represents “ma_shift” as defined here https://docs.mql4.com/indicators/istddev

It is number of bars to shift moving average which has to be integer

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #143362

Hello,

How can I set StdDev as in my indicator then? I want to trade from 2nd StdDev to 3rd one

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #143445

Hello,

you could use the Keltner Channel indicator for this. It provides moving average period and setting for deviation like 1.5 or 2

kom75

Visit profile

6 years ago #143446

Thanks Tomas, I will look at it

Graham Lewis

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256069

[@143446] Greetings Tomas. While your responses specifically got OP to use the Standard Deviation indicator, the original question was left unanswered.

Long story short: I am trying to get an indicator (PipValueCalculatorV1_02.mq4) to work as a custom indicator with the PipValue as the output of the indicator; however, I keep getting the error of “Indicator doesn’t contain any output data, it cannot be used as EA.”

So, back to the original question: “How can I solve it?” Any guidance would be at this point…

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #256163

Not all indicators are compatible with EA Wizard unfortunately. The only solution is to find another version of your indicator (similar) that would be compatible

What is your indicator supposed to do actually?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)