Custom Indicator Import

5 replies

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #116765

I was looking over the User Manual on how to import custom indicators. From what I could understand, you have to provide SQ, either manually or automatically, a mathematical formula to compute the indicator value. However, the indicator I want to import reads COT data from a CSV file instead of making a mathematical operation on price. Is there any way to import a CSV file with date and indicator values and use that as a building block in algorithmic generation process?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #142842

Hello,

basically if the indicator can be used in trading platform (MetaTrader, NinjaTrader, TradeStation) it can be used also in StrategyQuant. Would you share the indicator so we can check?

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #142864

OK i managed to import the CSV file through the manual import option. I used the daily time frame, providing close values, date, and indicator value. However, even if I select D1 in the building blocks section, the custom indicators area is blank, there are none to choose from. The import said it was a success. 

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #142969

Hello,

if you import custom indicator data let’s say for H1 timeframe you also have to use the same timeframe setting on Data tab otherwise your CI will not appear in the list

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #143085

Hi

My understanding from reading SQ guide v3.8.0 Last update 15.11.2014, I need to import data from MT4 for each pair per timeframe to utilise a custom indicator.

1. Is it possible to build an indicator, using SQ or EA Wizard, so that the indicator can be included as building block for strategy generation?

This would be invaluable.

2. Similarly can I build multi-candle patterns, using SQ or EA Wizard, so that the pattern can be included as building block for strategy generation?

Read somewhere it may be possible in next version? If so when will next version be released?

So far SQ looks awesome (from afar 🙂 ,). Tks.

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #143834

Hello,

in the current version you are only able to import exiting indicator (MetaTrader, NinjaTrader) by importing the indicator values for specific timeframe and setting. You are not able to optimize the settings. This will be solved in next version 4 where you will be able to build your own custom building blocks. See more here https://strategyquant.com/features/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)