Can EA Wizard create EA that trades when price touches or crosses a MA & do the following…

1 replies

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #116563

1) From my manual analysis I perceive a certain set up to be in place on a particular chart; then

2) I drag the EA on to this particular chart which will automatically – according to which preset I have created & loaded ‘“ either:

a) Buy when a specified MA is touched (or is a specified pip proximity to touch); or

b) Sell when a specified MA is touched (or is a specified pip proximity to touch); or

c) Buy when a specified MA has a printed/closing crossover; or

d) Sell when a specified MA has a printed/closing crossover.

3) The EA should only trade once, i.e. once dragged it is set to only trade on the first touch or crossover, not continuously.  When I get to my computer I will delete the EA ready for when I next analyse a setup to be in place.

4) SL should be set at a fixed multiple of the ATR at the approx. time of the trade;

5) TP can be set as either: a) a price; b) a specified MA touch; or c) a specified multiple of the SL pips;

6) The EA can be set to have two TPs, with 50% of position closed at one of the above TPs, & 50% closed at another (or alternatively if easier to code, it could simultaneously place two separate trades with different TPs if that’â„¢s easier).  Position size % of capital determined in settings.

7) After I see the trade has been opened I will go in to MT4 and delete the EA from the chart (or it will remove itself if this is possible).

Many thanks for any help!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #142354

Hello,

you can easily drop EA in the beginning and setup rules so it trades only once.

What I suggest for you is to obtain a trial license for StrategyQuant here https://strategyquant.com/trial and use the code for EA Wizard. This way you can test Wizard on see for yourself how easily it can be used. I can also create an example for this but until you install the Wizard you will not be able to open it

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)