converting stop order to market order

5 replies

huangwh88

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 113 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116532

Hello, 

If I have a buy/sell stop that is less than the minimum order distance, how can I convert the order into a market order so it enters immediately, instead of being cancelled?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #142223

Hello,

if the entry happens too close you can add a condition defining the StopPrice and when ASK > StopPrice you send the Market order while when Ask <= StopPrice you create a Stop order. This will handle situation when market is close to entry

Let me know if you need an example for this

huangwh88

Visit profile

7 years ago #142231

Hello,

if the entry happens too close you can add a condition defining the StopPrice and when ASK > StopPrice you send the Market order while when Ask <= StopPrice you create a Stop order. This will handle situation when market is close to entry

Let me know if you need an example for this

Hi Tomas, 

Yes I need an example please. Thank you

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #142233

Hello,

ok,, find the example attached

huangwh88

Visit profile

6 years ago #142285

Hello,

ok,, find the example attached

Hi Tomas, 

in the example you have declared an extern var ‘minStopDistance’. When attaching EA to chart, do we have to manually input a value to this?

Also is this variable the same as the ‘Min stop distance’ in the ‘enter at stop’ action?

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #142292

Hello,

yes, you can adjust this minStop to value corresponding to your broker’s setting. It should also correspond to value set at “enter at stop” as you mentioned

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)