SQ temp directories

6 replies

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116315

When we have a power failure we can normally restore files from the temp directory. However i noticed that it is far from all that are stored in the temp directories. The one that would be most interesting to actually have 100 % restored is the strategies in the data bank and in the retest section wile the last generation temp could be skipped.I seems today the temp is removed wile it is being worked on and only the completed rested strategies are put in the temp folder and not the onces in process.?

michael_farrer

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 9 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #141511

If only someone could write a script [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #141517

mabi, when strategy is inserted into databank it is also written into a file on a disk and can be restored in case of crash. So in Retest strategies are on disk too, even when retest isn’t completed. This is how it should work.

Do you experience some other behavior?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #141551

Well, I did 4 sessions with more than 3000 strategies left in each retest session ( started out at 15k). Started a new retest session this time on 30 year data 1 H (1 min resolution) and logged of remote. Well i obviosly had a powerfailure and when restart recover i only had about  128 left. Looking in the temp folder they started at 1,1 and ended at 1,10. It might be that i was unlucky and it was killed by writing a new temp i suppose allthought it was 4 sessions. However the session i started first had the most strategies saved in temp so that might be the answer. I am buying a UPS , problem solved 🙂

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #142085

It happend again . Well this time it refused to delete strategies it was only 1500 out of 8300. Well now when looking in the test backup folder i can only se 1143 strategies in there but there are 8300. When i try to save them manually i get an java error that has to do with windows buttons. But i can save them one by one that works . When killing it and running recover it recovered 1143 plus a the lastgeneration build that is 43000 strategies. What do you want us to do with the last generation build seems unnecessary to store those since they are just used during evolution ? . 

Dave

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 32 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #142118

If you are attempting to save every single file in the temp directories you might try using the free program AutoVer. It will copy every change or addition in one ditrctory to another specified location. 

Never give up!

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #142125

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)