Trying to IMPORT ZIGZAG

8 replies

COGSx86

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116143

Hey

I have the ZigZag.mq4 file and am trying to import this indicator into the EA wizard, when I do, I dont get any of the parameters listed. Im a noob when its comes to this kinda stuff and just started using the trial. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140844

Hello,

can you attach the indicator? We can also test whether it can be used in EA Wizard

COGSx86

Visit profile

7 years ago #140846

attached to the original post

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #140849

Hello,

you would have to edit the ZigZag code placed into EA WIzard / custom_indi. Look at the screenshot.

Update “input” to “extern”. EA WIzard will be able to read the inputs

File: 6.1.jpg6.1.jpg

COGSx86

Visit profile

7 years ago #140851

Just to clarify for other custom indicators I have to import, will this same thing have to be done ? As in change “INPUT” to extern ?

COGSx86

Visit profile

7 years ago #140853

Ok here is another example

I have tired to import a custom indicator and I get this in return “unknown return type!”

http://prntscr.com/dsfoxv

Im not sure what I have to do, I changed the input to extern, 

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #140877

Hello,

“unknown return type” usually means that the indicator does not return any physical value. It provides only graphical representations like lines or histogram. Some indicator values can be also computed directly in EA Wizard without a need to use custom indicators (like fibonacci level for example)

COGSx86

Visit profile

7 years ago #140885

Hello,

“unknown return type” usually means that the indicator does not return any physical value. It provides only graphical representations like lines or histogram. Some indicator values can be also computed directly in EA Wizard without a need to use custom indicators (like fibonacci level for example)

Being kinda new with the program any tutorials, that would be able to show me, how to do this ?

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #140896

Hello,

I have created an example on how to calculate a fibonacci level and use it for trading. So this way you do not need to use any custom indicator. Of course not all situations can be solved this way

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)