What is the lastest stable version of EA Wizard

9 replies

JS17

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 73 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115546

Hi, I am using ver 2.0.1 – is that the latest version????

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139357

Yes, besides there is a EA Wizard 4 BETA – http://wizard.strategyquant.com/

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139560

i realized the multi time frame function is gone the beta , it used to have a clock icon to select the time frame , where is it?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #139597

it is still there, but it was moved to Properties tab in Full editor.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

yourrodstaff

Visit profile

7 years ago #139606

Ok, foe me the propriety time frame selection is redundant, why just let all the time frame available for the cases just make the default “current”,

yourrodstaff

Visit profile

7 years ago #139607

i found the sqw file the EAwizard4 generated can not be loaded to EAwizard2, is that suppose to be working?  

I don’t know which wizard version should i work on for my work? since i don’t want to face with the old style wizard , if the  EAwizard4  file can be loaded with the future formal 

EAwizard4, i will work on  EAwizard4, can you tell the current new  EAwizard4 is fine to work with?

Thanks

yourrodstaff

Visit profile

7 years ago #139614

i am doing some test on v2 and v4 found   the following,

1) v4 inside SQ4 alpha2 can nor generate mq4 code, the v4 web version(beta) can generate code, but the compiles with errors

2) sqw file generated from v2 can be laded to v4, but with most of the items missing, v4 file cant load to v2 reported as format errors.

3) the interface in v2 based on recursive windows is hard to track if you have lot of levels, whereas the v4 can keep good track on all levels by putting everything in surface, which is the big  improvement to me.

overall i believe v4 is still far from stable and can be changed , if you have the real work to do, should  work on v2  right?

finally v2 sqw file should be loaded to v4 and able to put the place/hold in the available location right?

I also have the minor request, can you put the BB indicator middle line too?

Thank again for  your nice work.

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #139617

Hello,

please bear in mind that the current version of EAW including one inside SQ4 Alpha is only a testing version with many missing features and bugs and needs to be removed. Once its finished all standard functions should be available and working

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #139640

There have been some significant internal changes, so some older strategies cannot be loaded to the online Wizard, or are loaded incomplete.

Online Wizard is still in Beta, and the format might change. It was meant for testing, but with the implementation of backtesting we had to change it quite a bit on the background, and there are still some things that are not working 100%.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

yourrodstaff

Visit profile

7 years ago #139692

the alpha 2 wizard didn’t show the time frame in the formulation like the current version do like BollingerBand( PERIOD_M5 , 20 , 2 , 1 , Close)

it should be there, otherwise it is hard to track.

thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)