Did anyone record the webinar of http://www.autotrading.academy/ ?

90 replies

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115108

Hi Guys,

since I had no time today nor do have time on Thursday to watch the webinar that was promoted by Mark at http://www.autotrading.academy/did anyone possibly record it and can publish it? Not sure if it´s legal to do so(?), but would really like to see it, even if it might bring nothing new to the table, more informations never hurt:)

Thanks.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136862

I literally just watched it. It was an advertisement for courses.

mentaledge

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 25 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136863

Not much of an educational value apart from nice example of a sales pitch.

The only part that got me interested and wondering at the same time – where they run random gen. on bar open and still claim to get robust results.

geektrader

Visit profile

7 years ago #136864

Ah OK, but what was about their live accounts? Thought they have something useful there?

Yes, I do that to, random gen on selected timeframe / bar open. In fact the only way I generate strategies. Sure you have to re-test them later on with tick-data again, but it saves heaps of time and already is the first step to eliminate strategies that work on tick data only (by looking into the bar) but not if just using the bar open only. It´s the first stability measure for me already.

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

mentaledge

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 25 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136865

Other interesting bits. One of they guys wrote multipair MT4 dashboard that allows performance monitoring based on magic nr. “MyMT4Book Analyzer”, might save some time.

I was looking to do same using Kevin Davie’s example spreadsheet. Might consider dashboard instead. 

On the account side, they had few examples of portfolio based accounts that had good performance between 4-40%/month. they might been live as same as demo.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136866

They never linked the accounts but I found them anyway.
It says 90% growth but only from an older deposit. Current says 900USD deposit, balance 1000. Still good equity curve.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/vavatrade2/fx-p30/1460815

+1The only interesting bit to me was that they generated strategies using bar open only. I was the one who actually asked them how they were generating so fast and they responded bar open only. Other than that was typical forex course advertising/ and “free bonuses for signing up” like-10 years of dukascopy data bonus for “1000 euro value” and some other stuff like that. Dashboard looked nice but can just buy that separate. Seemed mostly like a beginners course, not for advanced users.

The course will probably be of enormous value for new users tho.

CMKCMK

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136867

Hi Guys,

since I had no time today nor do have time on Thursday to watch the webinar that was promoted by Mark at http://www.autotrading.academy/did anyone possibly record it and can publish it? Not sure if it´s legal to do so(?), but would really like to see it, even if it might bring nothing new to the table, more informations never hurt:)

Thanks.

I attended it last night.

Later on I received an email for the replay, you can watch it here 

http://app.webinarjam.net/login/ew/21582/26e913fb6a/1/replay

CMKCMK

Visit profile

7 years ago #136868

The take away for me after attending the webinar

– they spent considerable time talking about their background, how they started, then move on to promote why robot trading is the future ….

– they operates more than 100s over EAs. I always believe to be profitable, one needs to operate a dozen EAs to spread the risk, but didn’t expect they took it to the several hundreds EAs for one account.

– At any point in time, they operates about 20 VPS to cater for that.

– Rimantas uses a software to monitor and manage the pool of live EAs, It appears that his software is link directly live the MyFxBook. I want that software.. 😀 if it is free 

– once they found a good robust EAs, they will launch it live the same day, to capture the effect.

– Some of you have already mentioned, use bar open and random generate strategies to get that “machine gun” effects..  

– the course Standard Package without the SQ software is priced at EUR 1,997 

– in conclusion, generate several hundreds robust EAs and throw them to the market the same day. Ever heard of “ throwing mud against the wall and hoping some of it stuck”  

Cheers

geektrader

Visit profile

7 years ago #136869

Thanks for the link of the recording of the webinar, appreciated! Just look through it, for me, apart from their sales pitch, absolutely nothing new, it´s the exact way I work too, just on 30 years of data. 

As for their live accounts, it´s single strategies that they show off, along with some smaller portfolios with 5 strategies. Yet they say they run 1000´s…. I don´t want to say they are lying, surely not, but the live accounts can simply be cherry picked out of the 1000´s they run that might NOT be doing well. Especially because I work the exact same way, use more data, use even more robustness tests (like book-stripped data) and have yet to make a stable growth with the portfolio (rather going down again the last weeks). Without seeing ALL live accounts they run and seeing if they made money COMBINED all together with all those accounts, this is just something I can´t take serious. Because you can always cherry pick afterwards, and that´s exactly what they are doing it seems. Also, doesn´t anyone wonder why all these mega-successful traders have to sell such packages at all? With 1000´s of strategies they do have it surely would make more sense to add / develop more strategies than to prepare all the material they have prepared for us to copy their strategies? Hmm… 😉

I also found the packages at the end very funny, the usual overpriced “value” they are supposed to have, haha;) Always funny… especially the data pack, 10 currency pairs with 10 years of data with a value of 1000$?? LOL… I´ve got 30 years of data for 21 currency pairs for 297$ at Asirikuy.com, ah well;)

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136873

Some people are good at trading, some people are good at selling/marketing/making courses. Those who can really trade keep the know-how for themselves. 

Thats my opinion. The course is may be good for someone who is newie. But its overpriced anyway. 

No account was veritified, you dont know if it was demo or real, and anyway when its real you dont know other accounts – there is something called distortion as a result of Survival – i dont know how to say it in English, hope you understand it. 

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136887

i am  considering  a project putting together strategies that have less then perfect EQ curves to catch those steep winner periods and this way try to build portfolios. Looking at Kevin Davey’s sample strategies . i got like 5 of them as a gift and then plus his webinars ( you can ad another 5) it seems likely to me that  this is part of his approach. 

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136891

…and of course the over inflated prices of the “Value adds you get for free if you sign up”.  

What also turned me off was my feeling that the “audience” was stacked and those “buying” the packages right when the offer came out and then saying on chat what a bargain it was and they just bought the Pro package etc….my warning bells where ringing at that point, I may be wrong, just my gut feeling.

I’d be interested in re-watching a live session again and seeing if same people do the buying

If the course was available without the frills for AUD$500 then I might consider it.

geektrader

Visit profile

7 years ago #136892

Yea.. it´s somewhat disappointing to see SQ being sold / marketed this way, it´s the typical sales pitch stuff with all the typical methods in it… but then again, it does assure further SQ development as Mark gains from it and this will benefit us in the end as well. So guess we have to be a little selfish here with this…

CMKCMK

Visit profile

7 years ago #136893

…and of course the over inflated prices of the “Value adds you get for free if you sign up”.  

What also turned me off was my feeling that the “audience” was stacked and those “buying” the packages right when the offer came out and then saying on chat what a bargain it was and they just bought the Pro package etc….my warning bells where ringing at that point, I may be wrong, just my gut feeling.

I’d be interested in re-watching a live session again and seeing if same people do the buying

If the course was available without the frills for AUD$500 then I might consider it.

Yes, I agree with you on the price of the online video course “Trading Strategy Launch Framework”. Excluding the bonuses, I think USD 400 is a more reasonable price. 

In Singapore for EUR 1,997 we can attend a 3 to 4 days full time trading course (9am to 6pm) with a coach in a hotel ballroom and with lunch & tea breaks provided. That’s the market rate. Of course some may argue the value and content of the course materials…. 

The irony of “Trading Strategy Launch Framework” is to teach users how to effectively create, test, optimise and launch strategies using SQ software. 

Fossek

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136902

Regarding “bar open” i would like to dig a bit deeper. There is a significant difference between testing in “selected timeframe only” and “trade on bar open”. The former method will test and generate strategies on bar open, yet they will still have stop/limit orders and thus they will run on a tick by tick basis on live accounts. Although the stops are trailed only on bar open, the stop and limit order method will require them to work not only on bar opening. The latter method (“trade on bar open”) will test and generate strategies solely on bar open too, but with the big difference that the strategies will trade live only on bar open and thus can´t handle stop/limit orders. The latter methodology will always rely on market orders. 

For me personaly there seems to be not too much difference in actual system performance metric if i generate strategies on “selected timeframe only” or “trade on bar open”. Both look similar when generated (obviously, because the are both generated on bar open only), but the difference comes in further testing. With the former method i can test with tick data or tick simulation and take a look at if the strategy is falling apart. Using this as kind of another layer to look out for curve fitting. “Trade on bar open” strategies don´t have that additional option to test for curve fitting, but on the other side are much quicker to implement (simply because there isn´t a retest on tick data needed). Have no idea which method is the better one.

Did anybody made a case study if its better to trade on bar open only or on a tick by tick basis? Personally i am looking for as much data points as possible. If you are looking at bar open only, you are actually cutting away data points (or in other terms the noise) and thus run into a higher likelihood to curve fitting (assuming both data sets have the same length). Actually the same principle as when you try to build a strategy on the weekly timeframe instead of the daily time frame. Over the same time both data sets have the same cycles, up- and downmoves, but a very different amount of data points.

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 102 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136918

I was pretty disappointing in the webinar, actually. Straight sales pitch, I don’t need a sales pitch, I already bought in.

I already have my strategy “factory” (weird term they use, but whatever) running, and SQ generated strategies running on NT even, so know about problems with Data, Robustness, etc…etc…

I was looking more for any tips/tricks, etc. But, I guess after working with SQ hard for awhile, even through to having a few strategies running, I felt like I was probably already at the same level as those guys.

In my experience, trading is really wishful thinking for many people. The big difference is those that actually put in the time and trade real money and learn and use tools (also with real money) vs those that just wish about it and seem to attend sales pitches.

Oh well, I know for next time, be more discerning regarding sales pitch vs teaching. I guess it seemed more legit because it was coming from SQ…

…also, now I’m getting slammed with spam from them.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6