Import of MT4 HTML Reports – # of Trades includes Pending Orders

5 replies

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114859

Hi SQ Team

When using QA to compare 5x different EURUSD H1 strategy calculation results, between imported SQ *.str files and MT4 HTML reports, I noticed a massive difference between the ‘# of Trades’ count. See screenshot PDF attached.

When looking at the original MT4 HTML reports (see PDF screenshots for worse-case Strategy 18.56) it is clear that the MT4 HTML # of Trade count reported by QA currently counts both Pending Orders + Trades. Whereas the # of Trade count for imported SQ *.str files, and as listed in original MT4 HTML reports, correctly counts only Trades. Clearly the # of Trade count in QA should not include Pending Orders, a point that is dramatically highlighted for SQ generated strategies that amend Pending Orders bar-by-bar.

Otherwise I fully accept that the results between the SQ *.str files and MT4 HTML report somewhat differ because the data sources are not identical.

Please can you look into correcting this issue in the next release of QA.

Thanks

AC1962

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135820

Hello,

thanks for reporting it. We will check it what can be done here

Gui

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 59 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139407

I would like to bump up the topic to know how we can deal with that problem.

Thanks in advance!

Think different

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139462

hmm, it is possible to change the computation of Number of sales to not include pending orders, in fact you can do it by yourself by changing the snippet.

I’m attaching the snippet – you should put it to {QuantAnalyzer}\extend\Snippets\com\strategyquant\extend\StatValues, then open it in QuantEditor and recompile it.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Gui

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 59 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139611

Thanks Mark, will look into it 🙂
‘‹Edit: works brilliantly !

Think different

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139613

Great, thanks Mark! Works wonderful.

AC1962

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)