MA Higher TimeFrame Selection

4 replies

daveM

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114640

I do not think there is available a selection to change to a higher timeframe on the selection screen

Would be most helpful if there could be that avail;ability in future editions

daveM

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134893

Hi, you can use different timeframes with specific tools in Wizard. Did you mean whats on screenshot?

daveM

Visit profile

8 years ago #134909

I am using what is on screen shot…….; However, that does not show as a variable on the settings screen.

If at all possible, perhaps there could be a menu on the settings screen for adjusting time frame.

Example….. I have a strategy which uses daily, 240 minute and hour……

If I want to use lower. then I have to produce a new strategy with the lower TF specified…..

So, I may end up with three or four editions of the same strategy in order to accommodate different time frames.. whereas with a choice on the settings screen I could use only one….

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134931

Yes I understand what you mean. You cannot currently use ‘timeframe’ as input parameter for EA in MetaTrader so you basically have to do more versions of your EA with different timeframes setting. Will ask Mark if this can be upgraded somehow to what you need

daveM

Visit profile

8 years ago #134966

I am attempting to learn how to combine time frames by using similar sets of rules in original strategy for each TF..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)