Discuss the new EA Wizard 4 Beta version

73 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114402

The Beta version of new EA Wizard 4 is finally released – see more here

Discuss new EAW 4 Beta version in this thread – post your suggestions, bugs found, etc. here 

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133826

Error while generating template:Template inclusion failed (for parameter value “../global/Functions.inc”):
Template not found for name “../global/Functions.inc”.
Reason given: Backing out from the root directory is not allowed.
The name was interpreted by this TemplateLoader: FileTemplateLoader(baseDir=”/home/wizardsq/www/app/extend/code”).

—-
FTL stack trace (“~” means nesting-related):
 – Failed at: #include “../global/Functions.inc”  [in template “Mql_MT4/Main.tpl” at line 15, column 1]
—-

Can’t work yet, Mark?

And the condition  “bar close above keltner upper” is “bar close below the keltner”.

Personally speaking, I don’t like this web version

Mark Fric

Visit profile

8 years ago #133828

no, source code generation doesn’t work yet. It is mentioned on the Beta page.

This is more to try the new UI and program, not to generate EA.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Visit profile

8 years ago #133836

I am sorry that I didn’t read it carefully.

The UI is more easier to be understand.

And I have 2 questions。

1、Is the EAW4 only support for MT4’s EAï¼Å’ or could be export as TS/MC’s code?

2、Would EAW4 allowed  direct coding(pseudo code or some other simple word), or must use the preset leftward conditons and actions?

3、Is the custom custom indicators only MT4’s ï¼Å¸ I would like that you give us a general developing platform, base on java for example, we can add custom indicator more convenient.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

8 years ago #133841

1. for now the priority is MT4, but we’d like to extend it to Tradestation/MultiCharts too.

2. what exactly do you mean? I’m not sure. There will be a way of extending EA izard with custom building blocks, it will be related to the SQ4 functionality that will be also possible to extend.

3. yes, this is planned and we are working on it.The new SQ 4 will be general trading platform that can be used to develop new strategies, programm indicators and other building blocks.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Count-Roy

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 69 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133843

looks good, I like the  is raising, is falling additions, not clear in how to perceive this? is there a standard set of bars back that is taken into account to recognize if is raising or falling? 

there mite be more things I will notice while playing around with version 4 beta. I will let you know of course.

in any case, congrats on a job well done thus far.’‹

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133844

When selecting the “Is rising/falling” or any other shortcut, it should show the real logic to this for clear understanding and for editing.

CMKCMK

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133885

Dear Mark

This version allow multi time frame and cross currencies?

The time frame for M15 is missing, it will be nice to include this time frame.

Can the strategy created using EAW 4 be testing in the up coming SQ4?

Thanks for the hard work

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #133887

Could we set expirations for variables?

Like assigning a variable a price level that expires to 0 after 3 bars?
Or expire a “true” value to false after 3 bars etc.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133888

Dear Mark

This version allow multi time frame and cross currencies?

The time frame for M15 is missing, it will be nice to include this time frame.

Can the strategy created using EAW 4 be testing in the up coming SQ4?

Thanks for the hard work

Try to read this/other thread and and youll find all answers…

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

Mark Fric

Visit profile

8 years ago #133899

timeframes – yes, it will be configurable, there are just a few fixed values right now

Could we set expirations for variables?
Like assigning a variable a price level that expires to 0 after 3 bars?
Or expire a “true” value to false after 3 bars etc.

that’s an interesting functionality you want. I’ll try to add some function that can control variables expiration there.

looks good, I like the  is raising, is falling additions, not clear in how to perceive this? is there a standard set of bars back that is taken into account to recognize if is raising or falling? 

it is not yet clearly defined. My initial idea was that it will check only the very last two candles, but it can be made more configurable.

We can discuss it – how should “Is Raising / Is Falling” work? 

My idea was – if current value is higher than previous value then it is raising, otherwise it is falling.

If more than two values should be involved then what should be the configuration ?

• how many values to consider
  • whether to allow 1-X values from these to go to opposite direction – lets say if we evaluate 5 bars and the sequence is up, up, down, up, up, should we still consider it as raising?
  • should these settings be set globally or per every function use?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Visit profile

8 years ago #133902

Two methods.

1, Compare the indicator’s value to N bars ago. ma1>ma1[1]   or   ma1 > ma1[5]. So your  “5 bars” problem is not a question. We don’t consider the value which is the second or third ago,just comprare the value to  the 5 bars ago.

2, The 2nd mode is “continuous comparison”.  3 continuous comparison for example. up,up,up,is raising, down,down,down is falling. So in your “5 bars” problem is that we cant’ recognize the trend. we need look the coming bar, the indicator’s value is larger or smaller. if it would be larger, so the trend is raising. If it’s smaller, we need more coming data.

3,To deal with the swing markets, we can compare the value to the highest(value,N) or the lowest(vlaue,N).

value – lowest(value,3) > stdev(value,20), is up trend.

highest(value,3)-value > stdev(value,20), is down trend. 

4, The private setting should override the global setting.

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #133917

Since these rules are also going to be incorporated into SQ generation, the simplest way for “IS RISING/FALLING” is step1>step2 and vice versa. If the user wants step2 increased, it can be easily edited/optimized.

I like eastpeace #1 n #2 for this. I also have used “continuous comparison” as he calls it for Days down or falling ATR but for more indicators like Momentum/RSI/MACD step1<step2 is a nice choice.

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134656

Hi Mark,

I’m sure you are knee deep in code but a short update on the V4 beta would be really appreciated.

daveM

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134946

so much for online version

Mark Fric

Visit profile

8 years ago #134953

sorry for slow progress, but we are making some significant changes in the new Wizard that are not yet finished and visible in the Beta version.  

But you should be able to log in using your email and license number, can you send me a private message with your data? I’ll check why you cannot log in.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

1 2 3 4 5