Detailed Description of your EA Samples

5 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114376

Because i am still just at the learning level of what this program can do. I pulled up for example the Range Breakout Sample you provide but do not have but 10% understanding in the way it works. Do you have a detailed list that show’s how this trades, when, etc…. I just don’t understand what’s its doing and when and how under what conditions can i modify etc…

I’t would be great if you can provide me something that would give me better understanding of this and how it works and can be modified etc….

Thanks

Ryan Brignac

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133735

Hi,

when you look at the strategy conditions (range_breakout.sqw) it just places orders when 12 o’clock candle closes at the boundaries of a range expecting breakout on either side:

• Market Position is Flat – there is no open position yet
  • PendingOrderExists(11111) – and there is not buy stop order placed yet
  • and time of the bar one bar ago equals 12 o’clock

then strategy places 2 stop orders (long + short). Buy stop is placed at the highest price of the 4 bars range + offset and sell stop is placed at the lowest price of the range – offset

Profit-target and stop-loss are defined by the size of the biggest bar in that 4 bars range

Both stop orders are valid for 6 bars

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

8 years ago #133742

Ok, appreciate it. I have a mediocre understanding of the platforms functions just not as good as others may have. I just need to put more time into understanding it as a whole. Thanks again.

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

8 years ago #133756

One quick question, in just looking at this EA I noticed it took (1 bar back) when calculating profit/stop loss. Instead of it doing just the 1 bar back. How can I program it to see what the AVERAGE RANGE was over all 4 bars instead of just the last one?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133758

You could use ATR(4) to get average bar range for last 4 bars

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

8 years ago #133767

Thanks Tomas

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)