two EA talking to each other

6 replies

Count-Roy

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 69 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114262

what we would like to see is two metatrader platforms open and the ea’s talking to each other.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133056

It seems something similar has been discussed here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=6464870

Count-Roy

Visit profile

8 years ago #133065

indeed, yet how to incorprate this into EA Wizard?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #133085

Wizard is limited in this way and it also depends on how this EA connection should work. You can add custom functions into /code/CustomFunctions.mq4 and then reference them in the “Action section” of each trading condition using “Custom Action”

Count-Roy

Visit profile

8 years ago #133088

I really appericate you helping me, but in all honesty. I dont get it.

I have found the route an’‹d clicked on CustomFunctions.mq4. resulting in MetaEditor opening. and this is where I don’t get it. to start with, I don’t know where the Action Section is.

but it does give me hope’‹. as I do now understand that it is possible. yet sad, that I don’t know how to do it.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #133227

You need to place code / add functions that will handle your EAs connection in this file. These functions could return some values which can be used in conditions

Then you can call these functions in EA Wizard using “Custom Function” option or in the below section you can select “other” and “Custom Action”. See attached screenshot

Count-Roy

Visit profile

8 years ago #133242

Interesting!

I will investigate to what I can do, this coming week. hopefully I can upgrade my dummy status 🙂 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)