Some real success using StrategyQuant

22 replies

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114163

Hi folks,

Here’s some proof of success on a live trading account.

Expert Advisor Live Account

Behind this signal is an MT4 EA that was created and tested using SQ. I modified the EA code somewhat, but at it’s heart it is the same as the strategy generated and tested using SQ.

I am selling the EA on MQL5 website, so it is a double success, make money with the EA trading a live account, and sell the EA too.

Forex Spark EA

Early days yet, but it has generated some sales. Hoping to recoup the cost of SQ soon with a selection of Expert advisors created using this great piece of software.

Just wanted to post this as feedback to users, the SQ team and prospective SQ buyers.

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132577

Mikey !

How do You obtain to get around 80-90% of profitable trades?? I try a lot and most it generates me 20-30% of profitable trades.

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132582

Incerase SL/PT ranges to gain profitability

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132642

Hi,

what happend in the last trades? Why the equity goes down ?

It is a very interessting effect.

I have many good EAs.

If I try to decide to post it and say this EAs are good, the equity crashes most times ?

I don´t know why ?

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #132643

Hi,

what happend in the last trades? Why the equity goes down ?

It is a very interessting effect.

I have many good EAs.

If I try to decide to post it and say this EAs are good, the equity crashes most times ?

I don´t know why ?

thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it’s an interesting question. Not sure why these things go wrong as soon as you show people.  Did a lot of testing and ran it on a live account with similar results to testing.  Now three stop losses very close together.

However, even during previous testing I have seen three stop losses hit over a 24 hr period. For example on the 18th and 19th of March this year.  Which coincided with very big news on GBP and USD. 

This EA is a range trader, it does not like sudden trends or massive volatility.

I expect the haters will be along shortly to tell me the strategy and EA is rubbish 😉 it’s amazing how you receive these comments, but only after the strategy suffers loses or fails.

Regards,

Mike

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132882

Mikeyc,

Great work!  Love seeing your success so far.  Thanks for sharing.

-Stearno

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #132890

Mikey !

How do You obtain to get around 80-90% of profitable trades?? I try a lot and most it generates me 20-30% of profitable trades.

As others have said, the % profitable trades is a function of stop loss size in relation to profit take size (on average).

The difficulty is achieving a high win rate with lots of trades with low drawdown.  This is easier when the currency is behaving predictably, which it does more when it is ranging / sideways rather than volatile periods around major economic news events.

I spent a lot of time initially looking at trend trading, the bread and butter of forex trading.  But I think it is difficult without having an economic news feed into SQ, something I am working on now via the custom indicator import process.  Otherswise the strategy blindly open positions just when everyone else is waiting for NFP or FOMC or unemployment figures and bam, volitile spike wipe out the previous profits.

But what I did find is that at certain time ranges, economic news is rare that effects a particular pair and there’s as many pips in the constant ranging of the price and this ranging is much more predictable than a trend.

john99

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 80 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133941

But what I did find is that at certain time ranges, economic news is rare that effects a particular pair and there’s as many pips in the constant ranging of the price and this ranging is much more predictable than a trend.

Hi mikeyc,

I’m not sure I’m able to follow you. Could you please elaborate?

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #133951

Hi mikeyc,

I’m not sure I’m able to follow you. Could you please elaborate?

Basically, at certain times of the day (e.g. Asian session) there are very few big economic news announcements in the US or EU that cause trend changes.  During these quiet times, prices range very predictably. 

SQ is very good at identifying strategies that make pips in a range, as long as you don’t have economic news events during that period for those currencies. Economic news events cause spread widening, slippage and unpredictable whipsaw trends that strike stop losses.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134136

Ok. How looks your sq setup?

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134139

Basically, at certain times of the day (e.g. Asian session) there are very few big economic news announcements in the US or EU that cause trend changes.  During these quiet times, prices range very predictably. 

SQ is very good at identifying strategies that make pips in a range, as long as you don’t have economic news events during that period for those currencies. Economic news events cause spread widening, slippage and unpredictable whipsaw trends that strike stop losses.

Mikyec you should speak about strategies you found, if one strategy fail it does not mean others do also…

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #134140

As others have said, the % profitable trades is a function of stop loss size in relation to profit take size (on average).

The difficulty is achieving a high win rate with lots of trades with low drawdown.  This is easier when the currency is behaving predictably, which it does more when it is ranging / sideways rather than volatile periods around major economic news events.

I spent a lot of time initially looking at trend trading, the bread and butter of forex trading.  But I think it is difficult without having an economic news feed into SQ, something I am working on now via the custom indicator import process.  Otherswise the strategy blindly open positions just when everyone else is waiting for NFP or FOMC or unemployment figures and bam, volitile spike wipe out the previous profits.

You are right it is hard to find strategies with 90% win, because TP is then too small and slippage or widening spread avoid the results a lot. I understand that it is psychically easier to have big win rate but we trade what we have, i mportant is we earn.

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #135829

Another live account monitoring one the EA’s originally developed by StrategyQuant (although it has gone through a lot of manual modifications and enhancements since then).

small.jpg

Profitable Forex Strategy

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135896

Thx, its 80% profits from self-built EA Wizard strategies on the Daily charts. Should be up around 40% when open positions hit their profit targets. Nothing has been changed in it for 6+ months.

That GBP sys looks nice Mikeyc.

mikeyc

Visit profile

7 years ago #137396

That GBP sys looks nice Mikeyc.

Thanks, reached 100% gain today, with less than 20% drawdown.  🙂

Patrick

Visit profile

7 years ago #137413

yeh system looks good, but there is zero diversification. if i see how big is the loss when it comes, “a few bad trades” and you are out of the game. And what after?

Portfolio of systems would be better way. Single strategy can always look great. (as one of my eas from real account-attached)  

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 2