MACD HISTOGRAM DIVERGENCE/CONVERGENCE

5 replies

EAWIZARD

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 32 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114011

Looking to the community for some help, I’ve attached the stock MACD Histogram mq4 file that is found on the mt4 platform. The problem that I’m having is, that I would like to trade upon the arrows (convergence/divergence). However, I cant configure this indicator, so my EA Wizard will be able to read whether an arrow has appeared. Thanks in advance.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131687

There’s an output value called “Signal” which represents MACD value when that arrow appears. You need to import this indicator into EA Wizard. Check guide I attached here.

EAWIZARD

Visit profile

8 years ago #131709

Hello Tomas, I have uploaded the indicator to EA Wizard, however the problem is a separate issue. I basically need to know how to assign a value to the arrows that appear on mt4 with the indicator, ex: Green Arrow = 1 and Red Arrow =0 or something similar, this will allow give a distinct value to when the arrows appear. Currently, the value of the arrows are represented in the data windows as; Signal = Green Arrow and Histogram = Red Arrow. However, the problem is, when I create an indicator I cannot assign get the indicator to appear when the arrows do. So basically could you please help me create an sqw indicator file that creates a indicator up/down arrow when a red and green arrow appear?

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #131750

Yes, I can try it. It will take some time. Will let you know when ready

EAWIZARD

Visit profile

8 years ago #131766

Sounds good, thank you

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132129

Hello, I checked it once again. The problem here is that those arrows are just drawing. There are actually no variable values that can be used in conditions in MetaTrader – you cannot work with indicator drawings in Wizard.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)